Friday, November 18, 2011

Homemade Hummus

First things first.  I have made almost all of the recipes that I posted on Monday and they were DELICIOUS.  If you haven't looked at those recipes, go, go now.  I will most definitely be making all of them again.  And one of these days I'll get around to featuring all of them on here.

But for now, one will do.  And that one is the Pioneer Woman's Classic Hummus.  And let me tell you something.  It's two simple words.  HOMEMADE HUMMUS.  Where have I been all of this time?  What have I been doing?  Why haven't I been making my own hummus? Don't get me wrong, Trader Joe's has some delicious hummus but homemade has stolen my heart.  It's just so fresh and lovely and fluffy and yummy.

Other than it just being downright scrumptious, do you know what else I love about Hummus?

It's so stinking simple and you can eat it on anything and everything!

For example on, in, or with the following:
  • PB & hummus sandwich
  • Mummus Melts (that I made for Halloween)
  • veggies
  • pita bread
  • bagels/English muffins
  • pizza
  • salads
  • artichoke dip
  • wraps
I could go on forever, but you get the point.  So you should make this now.  You'll love yourself for it.  Also, it will make you feel better about the indulgences of next week. 

Classic Hummus...
from the Pioneer Woman
  Ingredients:
  • 3 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon tahini
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 whole lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • fresh basil, parsley, or chives
  • 3-5 tablespoons cold water
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Throw chickpeas in the food processor.

 2. Add Tahini.

 3. And then everything else except for the water and olive oil.  Pulse a few times until it's smooth being careful not to over mix.  Add water to help blend.  Add olive oil and pulse several times to incorporate.
4. Eat!  Or refrigerate up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...