Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ginger Vinaigrette


Ooooh my goodness.  This dressing.  This marinade.  This has to be illegal.

A couple of weeks ago for my very first Meal Plan Monday Post (which you can find here) I included a big delicious steak salad from The Pioneer Woman.  The salad itself was wonderful and probably a long shot from being healthy with the whole onion strings and candied pecans on top thing but when it comes to something so delicious who really cares?  You answered no one?  That is correct.  Back to the point.  The real gem of this recipe is the dressing/marinade.

I don't believe that I will ever find a better marinade or salad dressing.  I'm telling you I am absolutely, positively in LOVE with this recipe.  So far I have been using it on salads and to marinate chicken and steak.  But have no fear I will find a way to incorporate it into my entire cooking arsenal before too long.

It incorporates everything that a good vinaigrette should have and then goes above and beyond with a few little ingredients that make it explode with flavor.

For goodness' sake please go make this.
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup Canola Oil
  • 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
  • 2 tablespoons Sugar
  • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon minced Fresh Ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Directions: Are you prepared to be blown away by simplicity? 
  1. Throw everything in a mason jar (or any jar with a lid) and shake vigorously until well combined.  Taste and add a little extra of whatever you think it needs.
I decided to throw together this yummy salad with grape tomatoes, onion, cucumber, yellow pepper, blueberries, goat cheese and leftover chicken (that I marinated in the dressing and made last night!)  Yum.
Here goes the best part.
Ohhhh my goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...