Monday, March 26, 2012

Meal Plan Monday: Boozy Treats

Are you ready to hear a fun little fact?

Tonight, when the clock strikes midnight, my long anticipated 21st Birthday will finally be upon us!  Finally the sad weekends of being stuck at home alone (usually spent being the best roommate ever and making food for all of the drunkies to come home to) while everyone is out having a jolly ole' time is a thing of the past.  Finally.  Maybe I should consider enlisting a minor to take over this duty so I can also enjoy the same late night snacks...Hmm...Any takers?

Other than the big birthday celebration, I have another special treat coming my way this week.  Remember Kaitlin, my favorite ginger friend?  Well, her precious bum will be arriving on Wednesday evening for a long weekend of debauchery and fun.  And I can't even describe to you how excited I am.  It's going to be a glorious week.

That being said...I probably won't be making too many meals at home.  So instead of our regular Meal Plan Monday together, I've gathered up some delicious looking "boozy" treats from around the web in celebration of the big day.  Am I even allowed to celebrate my own birthday in this manner?  Is it too narcissistic?  Ah, well.  Now, there are a LOT of treats listed here and I don't want you to worry yourself about my health, so in contrast with my usual Meal Plan Monday's, I don't plan on eating all of these things this week.  Or this month.  Or in the next three months.  So don't worry about a sugar overdose.  Maybe in five months though...

Enjoy the treats, check out the links, and have a wonderful week!


Could these be anymore perfect for a summer picnic or BBQ?  I think not.
Cherry Apple Whiskey Sour "Poptails"


Mom...I know you're drooling.
Mudslide Pudding Shots
-from Bakers Royale 


Beer.  I'm not a fan of beer.  BUT I could be a fan of beer in cupcake form.  Especially with blueberry and lemon.  Mmm.
Blueberry Lemon Beer Cupcakes
-from She Knows


Glorious.  What genius came up with the idea to make cake flavored Vodka?
Boozy Birthday Cake Shots
-from Sweetapolita


AH. My Favorite flavors...plus booze.  Sounds incredibly dangerous.
Boozy Salted Caramel Milkshake
-from Our Food Shed


I truly liked these because of the wonderful alliteration in the name.  But they sound pretty scrumptious too.
Boozy Brown Butter Brownies with Bourbon
 

Ha.  I liked the name of these too.  It's kind of like picking out a bottle of wine because of a pretty label.  Probably not wise...but still fun.
Dirty Girl Scout Cookies


YUM.  Don't those look like the most perfectly textured cookies you've ever seen?  And I bet they taste better than they look.
Brandied Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is a classic.  I wouldn't mind a rum apple pie either.
Rum Apple Cake
-from Food 52

Do you have any favorite "boozy" treats?  I want to hear all about them so leave me a comment!

And just in case...I'm going to give myself a little bit of a cushion by warning you that it is going to be a crazy week and while I have plans of presenting you with goodies, I don't want to make too many promises that I can't keep.  So cut me a little slack this week if I get a little lazy, alright? :)

1 comment:

  1. Speak for yourself, I want all of these things immediately. Especially the whiskey sour pops. Sugar coma here I come.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...