Monday, April 30, 2012

The Friendly Toast

As you can see...this isn't a Meal Plan Monday.  Typical, right?

There are two reasons for that:
1) I ended up making an impromptu trip home to Missouri and therefore will be trying to cram a visit to all of my favorite restaurants into the short amount of time that I have instead of making food and eating at home.
2) I haven't posted a new eatery post for April...and tomorrow is May.

So there you have it.  An April eatery swap for the Meal Plan Monday.  Hope you don't mind.

If you remember back in January when I started this whole "new eatery" thing, the very first restaurant I tried to go to was The Friendly Toast.  From which I was turned away due to a 2 hour wait and looming hungry horns.  Sunday Brunch in Boston = impossible to get in anywhere good without a wait and hungry horns.  Well, I learned my lesson and returned to The Friendly Toast this month during midday on a Friday.  No wait, no hungry horns.  Win.

It didn't take long to figure out why there was an obscene wait the first time around.  Other than the fact that this place is just cool, it was literally one of the best breakfasts that I have ever experienced.  All it took was one bite, Kaston and I looked at each other to show approval, and then immediately started drooling.

Seriously, you need to make this place your next breakfast stop.

Let's explore the pictures so you can see what I'm talking about, yeah?  (Please excuse the high quality, beautiful pictures from my phone...)


There it is.  Perfectly situated in Kendall Square....calling your name.


Remember when I said this place was just cool?  Well this is what I mean.  The decor is wonderful.  And when I say wonderful, I mean random flea market finds that have been thoughtfully placed and hung around the restaurant for the diners viewing pleasure.


Naturally this was our favorite sign.  Classic Missouri.


Incredibly large creepy doll...


Precious isn't it?
 

 Unfortunately this doesn't look as delicious as it was.  Kaston had the Guy Scramble which was scrambled eggs with cheddar, black beans, avocado, and corn salsa.  A combination that you can never go wrong with.  It was also served with big slices of homemade toast and delicious homefries.


I had The Peasant.  1 pile of scrambled egg whites with Cuban rice, corn, carrots and soy sauce, and another pile of spinach, feta, and black beans.  Served with homemade wheat toast.  Do you realize how thick those pieces of toast are?  Hommmmemade toast.  Yes.


First bite.
 

Um yeah.  This is what we took HOME.  And we were starving when we arrived.  Portions are Texas sized to say the least.


He looooves having his picture taken.
 

Did I mention they have a bar?  That's right folks.  A bar.

I have to say that this is one of my new favorite places in Boston.  I cannot wait to return for another delicious meal whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  Or...maybe I'll go for all three...in one day. Think that's allowed?  Surely so.

Now it's your turn to go visit.  Just remember if you're going on a weekend...plan ahead.  The lines are long but well worth the wait.

The Friendly Toast
1 Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA
02139
Hours:
Sunday-Tuesday: 8am-10pm
Wednesday and Thursday: 8am-11pm
Friday and Saturday: 8am-1am

Visit their website {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...