Monday, February 11, 2013

Meal Plan Monday - Valentine's Day

I mentioned last week that I'm not a huge fan of the whole Valentine's Day thing.  If you've been reading for a while or know me in the slightest, you know that I don't do mushy gushy very well.  Or ever.  But that doesn't mean that I'm not all for a Valentine's Day themed feast...or drinking party.

Which is just what this Meal Plan Monday equips you to do.

I actually wish that every Meal Plan Monday could have a theme.  Because I really enjoy spending ridiculous amounts of time putting together a well themed meal plan.  No sarcasm.  I'm not sure why I enjoy it so much.  Maybe it's the coordination?  I mean...I do really enjoy when things match...oh, hello OCD.

So, what are you doing for Valentine's Day?  Going out?  Staying in?  Making one/some of these yummy things (like that octopus...oh my goodness...that octopus!)?  Unfortunately, I won't be making any of these things on Valentine's Day because I'll be on my way to Missouri to celebrate my sister and her fiance at her (their) shower!  However, you better believe I'll be digging into some of these recipes in the near future.  Like that wine braised octopus washed down with a blood orange french 75?  Yes, please.  Valentine's Day not required.

Enjoy the food, your week, and the "holiday"!

P.S. - I'll be back soon to give you the recipe for the scallops featured below.  They're to die for.  And I wouldn't want you drooling over a picture with no recipe!

the important things...drinks


Blood Orange French 75



Hot Blooded: Jalapeno & Blood Orange Whiskey



Godiva Chocolate Infused Vodka

the morning things...breakfast


Raspberry Smoothie and Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits



Strawberry Nutella Poptarts



DIY Sugar Cubes

the main things...dinner


Scallops with Quinoa and Pomegranate Gastrique
-from Scarborough Food Fair (recipe coming soon!!)



Red Beet Gnocchi with Meyer Lemon Pesto



Moroccan Stuffed Squash



Wine-Braised Baby Octopus with Saffron Polenta Cakes

the sweet things...dessert


Lemon Ricotta Cake with Chocolate Glaze and Fresh Figs




Blood Orange, Prosecco & Thyme Sorbet
-from Roost



Chocolate Stuffed Poached Pears
-from Bake Me Blush



Chocolate Whiskey Pots de Creme
-from Tartelette



Lemon Beignets with Strawberry Vanilla Sauce

1 comment:

  1. That blood orange drink looks amazing. This came together so well Em!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...