Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ginger Shrimp with Rice Noodles

Here's the thing.

I've never heard so many oohs and aahs after serving a dish.



And I say "serving" loosely here.  Because there wasn't really a whole lot of "serving" to this dish.  Here's what happened.  A group full of men were out playing cards.  I was at home making a pie and dinner.  (How domestic of me right?)  I politely informed them that both were done.  They immediately came knocking down the door.  One of them made a bowl, started to eat, became overwhelmed with excitement and insisted that everyone in the vicinity had to eat some.  So the one bowl became one big community bowl.

Based on their reaction I thought they must have been under the influence of extreme hunger or card playing fluids. 

But apparently not.  It's been days now...and they are still talking about it.

So this one knocked it out of the park.



As I mentioned there was also a pie.  A chocolate cream one.  I was going to share it with you.  But during that same feeding frenzy the men attacked the pie forks in hand.  And we aren't talking slices here.  The pie never left the pan.  And within several hours...it was gone.  Needless to say I didn't snap any pictures.  But don't worry.  Based on its success, I'm sure I'll be making that pie again very soon.

And just a little heads up.  I have decided that I'm going to lay off the Meal Plan Monday posts for a while.  I've got a crazy school schedule and a significant amount of traveling in my near future that won't allow me to be cooking at home every night of the week.  But don't completely skip out on Mondays!  I still have some fun things up my sleeve that will be popping up every couple of weeks!



Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

{Printable Recipe}

Ingredients:
1 lb uncooked shrimp, tails removed
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sriracha
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 head of broccoli (steamed)
1/2 red pepper (steamed)
1/2 green pepper (steamed)
1 (12 ounce) package rice noodles
scallions for garnish

Directions:
  1. Place a large pot of lightly salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
  2. In a small bowl add soy sauce, fresh ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and sriracha mixing until combined.  Set aside.
  3. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and add shrimp.  Cook until pink, about 3-4 minutes, on each side.  Add sauce and turn heat to the lowest possible setting letting the shrimp simmer in the sauce for 3-4 minutes.  Remove from heat and set aside.
  4. Once your water is boiling, add noodles and cook according to package directions.  Drain and rinse with cold water.
  5. To serve pile noodles, a helping of steamed vegetables (done on the stovetop or in the microwave), several shrimp and a couple spoonfuls of the sauce from the pan into a large bowl.  Garnish with scallions and dig in!










1 comment:

  1. It can't be helped because the dish really looks very yummy. Even I would have the same reaction. Great job on the dish. Thanks for sharing. :)
    - MiracleNoodle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...